AWS cloud optimizer.
A cloud optimizer is a digital service that analyzes the configuration and the level of utilization you have in your AWS resources, indicating where you can do things better. It reports whether your resources are optimal and generates recommendations to help reduce costs and increase the performance of your services.
Why would you want to use AWS cloud optimizer?
Implementing such a system, as should be obvious from the section above, can help organizations better use their existing AWS resources, reduce their cloud costs, and improve on their overall performance. As a reporting tool, AWS also includes graphs showing utilization history and recommendations, which can help you evaluate which recommendation performs the best and how to move or resize resources to meet performance and capacity requirements.
How does AWS cloud optimizer work?
AWS cloud optimizer can be used to achieve the following tasks:
- Identify resource usage patterns to understand how resources are being used and identify areas where optimization can be implemented (e.g. EC2 instances, RDS, EBS, etc).
- Analyze resource usage data and provide recommendations for optimizing resource usage and for reducing costs.
- Implement optimization recommendations to reduce costs and improve performance by resizing or terminating underutilized resources.
- Monitor resource usage to ensure optimization recommendations are implemented effectively and efficiently.
- Continuously optimize resources by adjusting resource allocation and configurations based on usage patterns and business requirements.
The value of AWS cloud optimizer
AWS Cloud Optimizer can help organizations save money by identifying and reducing underutilized resources and providing cost optimization recommendations. In addition, it can help organizations improve performance by providing recommendations for optimizing resource usage.
Main advantages of AWS cloud optimizer
- Identifies cost optimization opportunities across AWS services
- Provides automated recommendations for optimizing resource utilization and reducing waste
- Facilitates effective capacity planning and right-sizing of resources
- Enables proactive cost management and control
- Provides visibility into cost savings and cost optimization opportunities
- Helps improve cost predictability and cost efficiency.
Contact us and we will be happy to help