What does an agent of change do?
Collaboration is our biggest asset. It’s what we sell our clients — a collaborative strategy to herald success for all involved. We live by the values we preach to our clients, growing our team and culture out of mutual trust.
With us, you’ll wear many hats and do your part to help government agencies deliver products and services that have huge benefits for all Americans. What you bring to the role, your knowledge, skills, and determination will make all the difference to how we operate as a company.
As an Archesys change agent, we want you to feel involved in our team experience. During your tenure, you will represent Archesys to our customers as the face of our team on any given day, regardless of the position you are hired to perform. Your role has many facets, with constantly new, exciting, and even challenging daily tasks for you to sink your teeth into.
What you'll be working on.
In your role as a change agent, you might engage in the following activities on any given day, although you won’t necessarily be limited to any of them.
- To have some knowledge of Agile delivery services.
- Work with technical teams to carry out agile-based projects for customers.
- Participate in various agile ceremonies, including sprint planning, daily standups, spring reviews, sprint retrospectives and backlog refinements.
- Support the creation of user stories and stories pointing to effort levels.
- Continuously improve in an agile environment, coaching and educating the team and the product owner.
- Help us in the construction and presentation of an Agile delivery model.
- Participate in remote/virtual teams that span various functional areas.
- As part of your support for our customers, you will create documentation for the specifications, system design, information assurance policies, and controls.
- You'll create procedures and update documentation libraries.
- While establishing project deadlines and milestones, you’ll work collaboratively with various stakeholders to understand the requirements for technical writing.
- You maintain knowledge sharing across functional teams and assist in fostering an internal documentation culture.
- It will be your responsibility to oversee the Program Delivery financials and ensure that the annual contract, forecasts, and ongoing contract P&L actuals are all in sync.
- You’ll communicate with a highly visible government agency client.
- You’ll recruit, train, and mentor staff in a positive manner.
- You’ll schedule programs from beginning to end, including determining procedures, due dates, and milestones while ensuring the delivery meets the client's needs.
- Work with version control tools such as Github, Git, or Gitlab.
- Use both JIRA and Confluence on a daily basis.
- We will find a way to get you the tools you need for your job.
- Use cloud-native tools with AWS or Azure as your cloud platform of choice.
- Work in containerization and orchestration technologies (Docker, AWS ECS, OpenShift, Kubernetes)
- Build Continuous Integration Pipelines using the resources provided by cloud platforms like AWS or Azure.
- Make a modern infrastructure platform as code using a programming language like Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Build REST API services.
- Give team members and other users hands-on and remote support to help them troubleshoot issues and put necessary fixes into place.
- Offer daily support for on-premise and cloud-based lines of business applications.
- Identify troubled spots in any systems or procedures, conduct research, and present fixes that adhere to our theme of continuous improvement.
- Maintain close communication with IT Operations staff at all tier levels to discuss problems, complete tasks, and share updates on the status of user requests for hardware, software, and other reports.
- Provide world-class IT and customer service while interacting with customers to address system-related issues.
- To have a hand in maintaining and improving the reliability, availability, and performance of any of the systems we implement, including any IT infrastructure support necessary.
- To include updating and handling alerts from monitoring tools like NewRelic, Datadog, Splunk, VictorOps, Pagerduty, etc.
- To address system-related issues and communicate them with customers.
- To work with a team of developers to operate and maintain current application systems.
- To fix user issues with applications that were created especially for each client.
- To give excellent operational service that enhances customer missions.
- Proficiency in Code Quality and Test Automation Tools (e.g. SonarQube, Selenium). As a team member, you’ll likely be embedding them into Continuous Integration Pipelines.
- Established Automated Code Quality, Assembly Testing and Performance Testing Solutions on top of Continuous Integration Pipelines.
- To develop your experience creating unit tests using JUnit. You’ll also understand what is required to achieve 85%+ code coverage consistently.
- To develop your understanding of how best to work with a team, implementing CI/CD pipeline automation and modern development practices such as Test Driven Development
- Coding, creating, and innovating technical solutions, automated CI/CD pipelines, and Cloud and DevSecOps for clients.
- Finding ways to continuously optimize and improve all operational aspects across Cloud and DevSecOps.
- Developing automation strategies in the SDLC process that enable quick delivery of new solutions across multiple clouds.
- Eliminating bugs in software created using a variety of languages and adding fixes to upstream projects.
- Getting involved in open-source projects for tools and libraries.
- Maintaining code through Git, as well as keeping track of any changes, versions, and code reviews.
- Make suggestions and stay current with the newest tools and solutions.
- Consider exploring alternative solutions while participating in the solution's planning, definition, and high-level design.
- Communicate industry-leading trends, architectures, and business process designs that would benefit our federal customers.
- Understanding and implementing UX/UI strategies for customers.
- Presenting customer flows, wireframes, functional designs, etc.
- Designing engineering projects and applications hosted in the cloud.
- Conducting user research, testing designs with users, synthesizing data, and presenting findings and recommendations.
- Support the creation of automated solutions and scripts to complete sprint tasks.
- Display knowledge of deploying & releasing software code.
- Utilise your knowledge of the SDLC's fast-paced, structured processes, including configuration and release management, for the final release of products into production environments.
- Utilize tools like Jenkins/CircleCI, Git/Gitlab/GitHub, CI/CD pipeline development and configuration.
- Collaborate in an agile environment with numerous teams working concurrently to complete the deployments of a larger initiative.
Product led thinking
- Is designed following a planned route and systems-based architecture.
- Answers to the key developmental criteria as laid out by the client.
- Generally delivers value to all users.
- Creates efficiencies and streamlines current procedures.
- Monitors usage and monetary/storage spend.
- Is interactive and obeys UI/UX rules.
- Is designed with backup systems in place, using a secure IT infrastructure.
- Utilizes IT infrastructure consulting and automation to deliver a top-quality client product.
- Takes liberal snapshots and/or instances to backup procedures.
- Secures all passwords, usernames and other forms of identification.
- Is architecturally sound in terms of design and storage.
- Allows secure access to users and requires strict authentication procedures.
- Is designed within a sandbox environment that doesn’t impact any live products or systems.
- Uses only secure product tie-ins or browsers.
The softcore skills we like to see.
As one of our change agents, you’ll do more than deliver great products and services. We support our team to achieve their goals and grow in their roles within a competitive and professional working environment.
- Create effective presentations that demonstrate value and offer solutions.
- Clearly communicate with stakeholders who are both technical and non-technical.
- Put together, condense, and present technical materials to our customers' executive leadership team.
- A work/life balance that allows you to work to your full potential.
- Flexible schedules.
- A cooperative, professional environment.
- Chances to prove your ability and grow in your role.
- Away for travel reasons.
- Are physically unable to come to work but can still complete tasks from home.
- Are entering another agreement where your presence in the office is not always required.
- Report on any issues as they develop.
- Record hours worked and any relevant notes.
- Keep a consistent record of your progress, detailing any significant developments and details, including technical steps, which are essential to the team.
- Save your records in a formulaic, easy-to-understand manner.
- Are able to present, with clarity, your work in front of the team and, if necessary, in front of clients.
- Collaborate with others on a project and play a part, however small or big, in realising Archesys end-user goals.
- Take pointers and advice where applicable, but also stand up for and justify their work.
- Contribute to team meetings and discussions and listen to others.
- Work with anyone, regardless of race, religion, gender, background or preferred working style.
- Have fun, relax and generally insert themselves into the team dynamic.
- A commitment to our core vision and values, as stated on our website.
- A dedicated work ethic and desire to strive.
- The ability to self-manage.
- An eagerness to help grow the company by finding solutions that are unique.
- The desire to lend your current skill set to whatever task.
- Wants to train and learn new skills.
- Is willing to take hold of opportunities that arise.
- Is eager to train others in turn regarding their own particular skillset.
- Would be interested in any learning programs that they or Archesys find that could extend the skill set of the company.
- Can adjust to flexible hours and working conditions when needed?
- Is dependable and can arrive on time?
- Records their hours and is honest with the work they do?
- Can manage their own time effectively?
- Sees their time at work not as an exercise in ‘punching in the clock’ but as adding value to the company?
- Dress formal/casual for most work days.
- Arrive to work clean and presentable.
- Wear a suit or dress on occasion when asked to for the purposes of a client presentation or a meeting.
- Take note of what clients say.
- Try your best to deliver up to and exceeding client expectations.
- Are honest with your workload. Remember that you are the expert in your field. If it can’t be done or it’ll take time, be clear with clients and help to manage their expectations.
- Have the desire to create real value for our clients.
What you need to know working with us.
We are committed to ensuring the well-being of our team and our clients, many of whom work in leading US government agencies.