Mid-Level DevSecOps Engineer (remote)
Archesys is a technology firm specializing in innovative cloud solutions and services for clients across various industries. We pride ourselves on our cutting-edge technologies, exceptional customer service, and collaborative work environment. We seek a skilled DevSecOps Engineer to join our team. As a Mid-Level Engineer, you will design, develop, and deploy secure and scalable cloud-based infrastructure and applications. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure our cloud environment's security, stability, and efficiency.
This is a fully remote, full-time position.
- Partner with Application Developer Organizations to implement improvements to improve DevSecOps maturity level.
- Help CMS Teams implement tools, accelerators, and best practices.
- Participate in code review and other quality assurance activities.
- Participate in the design, implementation, and management of workload automation initiatives.
- Support development on targeted roadmap priorities.
- Design and implement secure, scalable, and highly available cloud-based infrastructure and applications:
- As a DevSecOps Engineer, you will design, deploy, and manage cloud-based infrastructure and applications using AWS and Azure tools. In addition, you will work collaboratively with development and operations teams to ensure our cloud environment's high availability and scalability.
- The DevSecOps Engineer will work closely with development and operations teams to ensure our applications and infrastructure meet our DevOps best practices. This will include implementing continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipelines to automate the deployment process and enable rapid delivery of new features.
- The DevSecOps Engineer will conduct security assessments and implement security controls to protect against potential security threats. This includes performing vulnerability scans, penetration testing, and ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations like HIPAA and FISMA.
- The DevSecOps Engineer will be responsible for developing and implementing disaster recovery and business continuity plans to ensure our cloud environment is resilient in the face of disasters or disruptions. This includes designing and implementing backup and recovery processes and testing the effectiveness of these processes regularly.
- The DevSecOps Engineer will ensure that our cloud environment complies with industry standards and regulations such as FISMA and HIPAA. This includes implementing security controls and best practices to protect sensitive data and ensuring our cloud environment meets all compliance requirements.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and trends in DevSecOps, and propose new tools and processes to improve our infrastructure and applications.
- Must be a U.S Citizen or green card holder.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in DevSecOps engineering:
- Expertise in designing and implementing secure, scalable, and highly available cloud-based infrastructure and applications:
- Strong knowledge of DevOps best practices, including continuous integration and delivery:
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes:
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
- The ideal candidate will understand security best practices and have experience implementing security controls in a cloud environment. In addition, they should be able to identify potential security threats and vulnerabilities and implement adequate security controls to mitigate these risks.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with automation and scripting tools, such as Ansible and Terraform. They should be able to use these tools to automate deployment and configuration management tasks, reducing the likelihood of human error and increasing the efficiency of our cloud environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- In-depth experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure).
- Cloud certification(s) from AWS or Azure Cloud Platform (e.g., AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Azure Solutions Architect Expert).
- Understanding the latest cybersecurity practices, risk management, and the ability to detect vulnerabilities and threats.
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and tools like Jenkins, GitHub, CircleCI, etc.
- Strong scripting skills using languages like Python, Bash, Go, or Shell for writing scripts for automation tasks.
- Understanding containers and orchestration services, especially Docker and Kubernetes, and how to implement security in these services.
- Experience with tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation is a big plus.
- Familiarity with monitoring and logging tools (e.g., NewRelic, DataDog, Grafana).
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Ability to communicate security issues to stakeholders, including those needing a technical background. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential in this role.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plan, and generous paid time off.
- Opportunity to work with a talented team of professionals on exciting and innovative projects.
- Flexible work arrangements, including remote work options.
- Continuous learning and development opportunities, including access to training resources and professional development programs.
- A collaborative and inclusive work environment that values diversity and encourages growth.
Join us at Archesys and be part of a team dedicated to delivering cutting-edge solutions for clients in the public sector. Your expertise and passion for technology will help us continue to innovate and grow. We look forward to welcoming you to our team and supporting your success as a Mid-Level DevSecOps Engineer.
Archesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, religion, sex.